Thursday, January 22, 2009

Temperature indicators (i.e. - why winter sucks)

For those people living in warmer climes, it is pretty chilly in the northeastern U.S. these days (high teens, low 20's as a HIGH temp during the day, with the occasional single digit temps).  Now I can see why housing prices in California are so high!  The side walks out here are a mess with ice and frozen snow, and I've used my yaktracks quite a bit for running this year just to keep myself vertical.  For those living in Boston, prepare for some bellyaching that you've either heard or uttered yourself many times already.

Things I'm tired of: 

1) Shoveling snow


2) Slipping on black ice (that's our driveway - see the dent my tailbone made?)

3) Being stuck inside when Emmitt sees small animals in the snow and wants to go "outhide," 

4) Haunting the same ole' indoor activities to keep Emmitt from going crazy (Bos. Sci. Museum, malls, Home Depot, uh,...Bos. Sci. Museum,...).  No picture here, just insert visual for boredom.

-----------------------------------------------------------


Upside of bad weather?  Cool pictures of icicles when the sun decides to come out once in a while.








No comments:

Post a Comment